CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, July 19, 2009

So this weekend is one for little girl birthday parties!! Baby Addison had her first birthday and cousin Bailey turned 3!! Since my brain has been swamped with creative things I wanted to try, I’ve tried some of them out on our friends.
Bailey got a bathtime present, 2 homemade hooded towels and some bubble bath. I took several tutorials I found, and revised them to make my own version. After two tries for Gavin, I love the finished ones!



I really like the ribbon added to the edging.. don’t you love my model… he looks so happy about wearing pink too, his daddy would be so proud!

Gavin wanted his to be boy, so no ribbon there, I just mixed up the colors and made them two-toned.

For Baby Addison I made a photo album fit for a princess from my favorite scrappy store Creative Imaginations. LOVE their unfinished projects!!


Also made her a felt crown since I saw this and thought it was ADORABLE. I tried to recreate it in a smaller size for a 1 year old, I sure hope it fits. The stitching is a blanket stitch around the cutouts, and just a plain straight stitch around the inner layer. One thing I regret is I didn’t go through both layers to hold it together when I straight stitched, and I used pre-glued felt for the blue layer, so I’m not sure how well that will hold up. Oh well, lessons learned and all that..


Finally her large gift was a bow holder. Saw one here and decided I just have to make one for Sadie’s room! In the meantime, Addison is actually old enough to have hair for bows, so I figure she can use one…especially since her momma’s making these adorable little bows.
Happy Birthday you precious little girls!!



Isn't Addison such a cutie!! Loving that dress!
Gavin made some new friends on the swing at Addie's party too.



I put Sadie down at Bailey's party to go get some cake and she decided it was nap time. Love that she looks like a discarded baby doll here.


All in all it was an eventful weekend with great friends and family! Man am I pooped!

2 comments:

Janee said...

My child is SO ladylike on the swing next to Gavin, haha!! I love the photo album... I didn't see it at the party! Where did you find the stuff to make it?

Casey said...

The castle is Creative Imaginations... you can follow the link on my blog to their site, but I think I bought that one at Hobby Lobby, I've had it a while... It comes as just a white board book and I covered/decorated it with scrapbook supplies.. I forgot the little flags for the turrents, I just realized that when I uploaded the pictures. Oh well.