CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Really?

So I've been working on a car seat cover, since I really want a girly one for the baby, but I can't see paying 60.00 plus on one from ebay... so I've been testing myself. I've read a couple of chapters on pattern development and measuring. It's been about a week in the making, countless hours of tearing up tissue paper and trying to remember why I wrote certain numbers down, 2 failed pattern that were sewn up only to realize the design or dimensions were wrong...





Finally, I have a working cover. I still have to perfect the pattern (add an inch more to the elastic casing on the bottom half, a better form of buttonhole for the tightening strap, etc.) but my first one is done!! I loved this fabric when I found it so much that I bought a couple of yards and I was sure a use would come to me... I'm loving it as the temporary cover (got some really great corduroy to use as the actual cover I'm gonna keep on it).

Ta Da!!



0 comments: