So, I've been collecting odd shaped containers and boxes for a while, just waiting for the time to come when I'm suddenly inspired with a reason to explain to the hubby why I've kept these things... Today, just such an inspiration occurred. I've been keeping my small ribbons in a drawer that I REALLY wanted to use for sewing, but with the vast amounts of ribbons I haven't been able to do so. I’ve also been searching online for ideas on how to store my ribbons, and have found a couple I love…
I was thinking about pairing it with these… to save space in my very miniscule closet in the craft room.

Anyhoo, I’ve been unable to find a trouser hanger so far (I’ll be visiting Bed Bath and Beyond soon…) and I was still in need of a solution for the smaller spools, so I came up with this…
1 empty Biz Box (Biz is the BEST presoak I’ve found for baby poo stains by the way…)
½” drill bit (and drill obviously)
1 hr of time…
It’s not as polished as the boxes you can buy (I didn’t have any eyelets big enough…) but it’s functional and I love it… As you can see, I didn’t measure properly across the bottom row so I had to leave a hole blank so the ribbons weren’t crossing over each other in the box… I'm trying to come up with a way to keep the box closed while it's on the shelf too so if it falls the ribbon doesn't go rolling across the floor...
I can stack two layers of ribbon in it, even though there is only one in the picture for simplicity. It will hold 20 regular sized 3/8"-1/2" spools perfectly. I’ve only got one more empty Biz box and since I have a much larger collection of ribbon, I suppose I’ll have to find Tupperware to keep my Biz in so I can have my third box that’s sitting in the laundry area still. ;o)

0 comments:
Post a Comment