So I finally finished the baby quilt for Ryan and julie's baby... LOVE the fabrics...It was my first attempt at hand tying a quilt (I did this because the backing was satin). All in all it was fine, just a leaning experience for me. I did make my own binding and hand sewed it on... WOW that was time consuming, but I think I really liked it.. I'll probaby always do that on quilts... In fact right now I'm working on an outfit for Sadie and I used the same binding technique to attach some flannel backed satin for the arm holes instead of bias tape the pattern suggests.
I'm only about halfway done with the outfit, but I'll post some pictures of it this afternoon.. My camera is at my moms, it has the pix of the quilt on it to...
Thursday, July 2, 2009
Geaux Tigers!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment