So, I know it's been almost 2 months, but I'm finally starting to really feel adjusted to having 2 kids.. Gavin's getting..... better.... about containing himself, and while he's not responding well to any type of discipline I can think of... he's only 2 and I'm just learning to be more lenient. It's just that there are sooo many independent, stubborn, ridiculious things that he chooses to push the limits with, and that's frustrating because he doesn't want to budge at all, and neither do I, so when he's having one of his more stubborn days, he just gets a chance to get to know his bedroom on a more intimate basis because that's where he tends to spend most of his time...
Sadie's still a dream of an infant. She gets up 2 times between 7:30 pm and 6:30 am... it's GREAT... Gavin's still waking up between 12:30-2:30 and coming in our room. I'm pretty sure if I could motivate myself to get up and go back in his room with him I could break him of the habit but I guess I need a little longer to adjust to that... Josh is great about going in there when he hears Gavin, which is a big help but Gavin's going through an " I need Mommy" stage, so while he means well, I have to usually get up as well.
Ok as far as work.. I have officially called to quit. Actually UM called me back and told me that he was going to call and offer me another month of maternity leave. We're still working on hashing out exactly when my "official termination date" will be because I have some accrued vacation days, and still have some time left of maternity leave... so we'll probably call it the end of May... Josh and I also want to opportunity to buy the computer from them since I've been using it for banking and house buying, and pictures, and organizing expenses and ideas for life after work and things like that. They have to discuss it and see what they value it at after the 2 years of depreciation... hopefull we will be able to purchase it. Maybe we'll just take it out of the money owed for my vacation time... that would help.
Now life after work... I've been trying to get started on selling crafty things for a couple of years, ever since my Aunt asked me to make a scrapbook for my cousin (which by the way I suppose fell through because they never got back to me with pictures, but I still have all her stuff...) but I've been working on a file of things ever since then on products that I can make, and I'm always trying to learn how to do more things so that eventually it will be a lucrative way to make money. It does seem like everyone I know is selling things now-a-days... it's amazing to be blessed with so many talented crafty friends. It sure does make it easy when you get stuck or can't do something, there's always someone to call. I've gotten a bunch of fabric and ribbon and hardware for some things, I'll post on here when I get them started so that can get some feedback before trying to sell them. I need to first finish organizing so that everything has a place and my house is decent.
So for now that's what's been going on.
Friday, May 1, 2009
then there were two
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
So much going on girl. Yay for you though. That is so exciting, all of it. Gavin is such a cutie pa-tootie. :o) Sadie is a sweet doll...I need to see them again. Hugs to your sweet family!
Post a Comment