Hello all! So it's been a while.. but we're here.. in the past month we've been super busy. We've had sinus infections, Easter, birthdays, and stomah viruses... but we seem to be all healthy now and rearing to go!
Gavin's definitely in the midst of his terrible twos, he's crazy active and super loud lately, which has helped put some things into perspective for Josh when it comes to my stress level and working from home.. so... I'm thinking that it's not going to work out.. and with the support of my husband we're going to go for it! We'll be pretty tight for a while, and we're just praying that God will provide when we need to pay off debt, but we're going to make a real conscious effort to penny pinch and I'm looking for something a bit less.. time intensive to help out, as well as working on opening a baby boutique of some sort in order to do my part.
Now, in light of this I've been doing some online searching and price point looking up, as well as creating a market plan to see how lucritive this could actually be...I'm hoping that even with the ridiculious amount of crafty stay at home moms I've found within my search, I'll be able to come up with some sort of angle, or some sort of advantage that will make me stand out above the rest. I'm also looking for a creative venue to place products in to sell... Along with a couple of friends we are thinking of actually opening a brick and mortar store in the future, but that's a venture that I'm not quite ready for yet... Once and Again in Central is the only baby store we have, and while she has a TON of monogram and "specialty" items (though pretty grossly overpriced) and Ditzy Daisy has cute things too... so I'm not sure what the customer pool will really be able to withstand with another brick and mortar. This is why I sit and wonder about a specific angle that I can take with things to ensure that we stand out... a product not found elsewhere, a new spin on an old favorite... better pricing.. that kind of thing. The one thing I wish i had as a monogramming machine.. but for now, it's not a necessity, and I know people with them that I can pay to do monogramming if I need to.
So... all in all, here's to praying that things work out for Josh and I as well as that I'm able to find SOMETHING that will help up make ends meet and make living on one income a little more comfortable for us.
Any advice?
Sunday, April 19, 2009
It's been a while...
Posted by Casey at 7:30 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Have you looked at etsy.com? You might be duplicating products but it would be a lot less start up than a brick and mortar store.
Yay!! Great for you guys, hopefully in a year or so, I'll be a stay at home mommy too. You can do it!
How are the babies??
Hey girl! I was just reading your post, and wanted to through this out to you. I sell Premier Designs jewelry. You do home shows, along with catalog orders and such. When I am not on bed rest, I usually bring in about an extra $800. Its really been a blessing to us. I got fired from my job yesterday for being on bedrest (see my post), and yes, I am very angry about it. But I do want to be a stay at home mom, and Premier has really been great! Let me know if you are interested, and I will tell you more about it. Really, any direct sales company like Premier, Mary Kay, Avon, etc. is good because you can do it from home, on your own time schedule. Its especially good right now with the economy.
Congrats on the precious baby girl!
Well good luck! I know you will succeed!
Post a Comment