CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Feeling Productive!!

Soooo... it's not been that long since my last post... yay! I have been busy around the house (no my living room isn't clean at the moment and my kitchen is STILL not orgainzed) but... Sadie's room is coming along, I'm working on organizing her clothes into where they can stay until she can fit in them. But, the BEST PART IS... my craft room is functional!!! While it's still not completely organized and there are still boxes out on the floor everywhere, at least they are orgaized enough and against the walls so I can get to my sewing machine, ironing board, and scrapbook things. To prove it, I've been working on a slew of things that I can sell in order to make my family contribution to our financial well being... I'm working on the burp cloths, they are dyed, washed, pressed and the fabric is cut for each, I've just got to get to the sewing part. After I finish a bunch of these, I'll start work on Sadie's quilt for her crib since she'll be needing that before too long. There are also the baby blankets that I have material for and even an outfit for Sadie I'm going to work on for my own benefit of experience. I've also started on a couple of bows and the keychain fobs.. I figure I'll wait on the bows until Sadie at least has some hair so that I can try out my wares on her.


First things I made in the functional sewing room were burp cloths for Jamie's baby shower... I LOVE them. I'm planning to integrate them in part of her total gift, so I'll post pictures after I get it all put together tomorrow evening. I also made gifts for Gavin's teachers... aromatherapy neck wraps and lavender bath salts... Josh love the neck wraps, so I have to make another for him.. after I find some "manly" fabric since the ones I made were pasisley... ha! Gavin wants one for himself too, so I'll make a mini one as well.. these are the ones I'll post since I forgot to take pictures of his teachers'.

For todays crafty thing I decided to get out my keychain fob parts and start there... It was actually fun mixing and matching the ribbons, and I can't wait to get more ribbon to make different styles. I'm thinking about selling them for 6.50, think this is reasonable? These are the ones I've made so far (I have a bunch of brown cording ones together, but I don't have any more brown thread, so I have to wait until I can get to the store for them...





So yay for feeling productive...!

Tomorrow we are going to the NOLA Zoo, I'm pretty sure I'm more excited about this than Gavin. Our "buddies" who just moved from GA to NOLA are going to meet us there, along with the Bickhams. I'm excited because not only do I LOVE the zoo, and my buddies from NOLA, but Jessie is coming in and I don't think I've seen her since the year before Josh and I got married so YAY!! I'm glad the Bickhams are coming because Gavin and Leyton are so cute together, as long as they aren't sharing toys... ;o)

Can't wait to have more pictures to upload from both my ongoing crafty adventures as well as our zoo trip!!

1 comments:

Amber said...

Those are so cute, yay for being productive and crafty...and for the zoo! :o)