I'm still alive! I know my last post said I was back, and I wasn't... but this is why...
So along with a friend I signed up for my first craft show!! I'm super excited at the idea of putting myself out there and seeing the response I get from the things I've made, but at the same time I'm worried about tons of things: not making enough, or making too much... knowing what does and doesn't sell well... being stuck with a zillion burp cloths, or bibs, or flowered headbands at the end of the day... people wanting things that I run out of... The quality not being good enough... pricing not being right... oh the woes of sales!!
Here are a couple of pics of some of my products, of course I don't have nearly the amount I need done yet.. and only 2 weeks before the show, but some how I'll channel Tim Gunn and think... "make it work" ;o)

I also had my comment form fixed, not sure what was going on with that... I promise to do better about posting, we started school, and I've been doing lots of craft show prep lately... but I'll get on the posts!!
Any of you veteran craft show-ers have any advice for a newbie like me? I think the show is small in scale, about 50 booths, and it's only one day 10-2... I just hope I plan right.. and that things go well weather wise and we have a good showing of visitors.



1 comments:
You're right, it's trial and error. There will most likely be several booths selling similar things, so don't get discouraged IF you don't sell as much as you think you should. I think your stuff looks great! Good luck!
Post a Comment