Ok, so it's taken me a while to post about everything, but hey... there's been alot going on. Sadie was born on Wednesday 3-11, which her daddy thinks is a neat birthday... Her labor was short(9:30-5:47am) and birth was even shorter, a whole 13 minutes after Dr. Bader broke mommy's water. Everything happened so fast after the breaking of the water that noone had time to even get to the hospital before she was born. Originally we were going to hang out and wait for Dr. Aycock to come in since we were told he would be there about 6:30, but when Dr. Bader came in she said he wasn't going to be there until aroun 8, and well, mommy just didn't want to hang around waiting since she knew from Gavin that Sadie wouldn't be here until they broke her water. The good news about this is if mommy and daddy do decide to have more kids, the chances of not making it to the hospital in time is pretty slim since mommy has hefty bags for water... poor Dr. Bader had to attempt three times before actually breaking it, and in the process scratched baby Sadie's head a bit because she was trying to get out so hard... poor thing...
Anyways... she's here, and she's perfect, and besides not waking up well enough to nurse at night and wanting to nurse every 2 hours or so some nights, she's a great baby! Great nurser... and she will even take a bottle from daddy or Gavin and a pacifer when her belly's upset with no nipple confusion or other nursing problems... she's still sleeping close to 20 hours a day, but I can see her growing and becoming more alert with everyday that passes.
Big Bubba Gavin is adorable with her... he always wants to kiss her and hold her and show her toys... only every now and then he will forget how little she is and will try to do something around her that's dangerous, or that he knows better than to do... but I think he's getting better too... I'll be glad when I can get down on the floor and play with him again because I miss that, and I know he needs his own special attention now too. I'm glad Josh is such a great daddy because he tries to make sure that Gavin gets his own time too... for example, I've been feeling soreness in my lower abdomen from coughing with this sinus infection I'm FINALLY getting over, and my legs are still very sensative when I lay on my side or move my left leg certain ways... so I've been in a bit of pain. this morning Gavin and daddy went for a daddy day to a couple of "cowboy" stores, a playground and maybe even a flea market in search of some cowboy boots and a "real cowboy hat" for Gavin.. so that baby Sadie and I could rest and relax... I have to say I've had a nap, and a rest, and watched a sappy love story or two on tv... I'm feeling better and I'm about to try my hand at some house work and organizing Sadie's clothes so we can get to them a bit better. It's really hard to explain to a 2 year old that even though mommy's not hurt where he can see physically that I still can't do things like crawl on the floor or sit on the floor and do puzzles, or play outside...
So, baby's fine, big brother's loving her, and all seems to be well in the Carroll household... can't wait to be released from Dr. Aycock to start being able to run errands and such (I still have to get the rest of her fabric for her quilt... wanna make a trip to NOLA to pick it out..) and some other things like decorating the house before I start work again in a mere 7 weeks...
Here are some pictures... from her first days and week at home.
So I just realized that I don't have any pictures from the hospital on this computer, mainly because we had our parents taking them since we were busy with the baby and Gavin, I guess I should get those... then I'll try to upload them...

1 comments:
Casey, she is too precious! I am so jealous of how easy of a delivery she was! Did you have her naturally like you did with Gavin?? You are the woman!
We want to come by soon, it seems like we've been running like crazy staying busy. Maybe this weekend coming up...just let me know. Til then, we love y'all, take care and hugs to those babies of yours!
Post a Comment