Whew, so my funny story from the last week. I broke a toilet.. by sitting on it... Apparently Josh didn't have shims when we put in the new toilets so he used a thin piece of styrofoam to even out the toilet and then bolted it down as tight as he could to keep it from rocking (we know now if you read the instructions they specifically frown on tightening the bolts...) but needless to say when I sat on the toilet at 2am a couple of nights ago the styrofoam had finally had enough, broke, the toilet rocked to the side my weight was on ( I was turning to get the TP from the back) and the whole base cracked along the drain edge.. Good news is, it doesn't leak unless you flush it, and we have anothe one, it's just not going to be installed until we find some shims.. ;o)
So yeah, if you're ever preggo and worried about weight gain, just think... at least you haven't cracked a toilet yet ;o)
Thankfully we are putting the car search on hold until closer to Laura's graduation which is a HUGE relief to me... especially not knowing what comes of my job after maternity leave... We're supposed to have my "lunch and decision making" session this week... many prayers welcome seeing as how I have no idea what will be said/brought up at this meeting, and there's really no telling. I was reassured by my boss however "not to worry, everything is going to work out just fine" not sure what that means, but I have a feeling our interpretations of "fine" are very different as of late...
Unfortunately we aren't that much closer to having Sadie's room cleared out. Gavin has the flu, which has made our entire family relatively useless this weekend from lack of sleep. I think he's a trooper though and getting over it already. We slept almost all night last night, which was VERY welcome from me... it's the first night since Wednesday last week that I got more than 2 consecutive hours of rest... it was wonderful. Even if it's still not a full night's sleep, I got to sleep from 10:30-2:30 and then again from 3:45-6:30. Gavin slept until 7:15 this morning... I was glad he got to catch up on some fever free sleep... (he talks in his sleep when he has a fever... ALOT... and really loudly most the time, so he wakes himself up.)
We are almost done moving all the stuff from mom and dad's too.. Except the toys... I just dont want to have to go through them all, I really need to wait until Josh has Gavin for the day and go sort them out and get rid of some, since he has all the toys from before we moved, plus birthday and christmas, and the ones we kept in storage... that's ALOT of new toys... the toy room may be massive, but right now it's keeping our extra furniture until the house is organized, and we don't own toy bins or shelves to put this stuff on... anyone have any they want to get rid of?
Monday, February 16, 2009
busted toilets, flu bugs and toys
Posted by Casey at 3:07 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Casey I am really trying hard not to laugh at your toilet story, but it REALLY is funny! Sadie will love hearing that one when shes older! I am just glad you didn't hurt your self! Glad to hear you can find humor in situations that some might find mean!!
haha, it's ok to laugh, it was funny. Especially at 2 am when we weren't sleeping because Gavin was sick... it was really funny. Besides, if I minded I wouldn't have posted it...
I agree with Ashlie, I am so happy you did not get hurt in the midst of the funny story. I am sure it was not so funny at the time, but hopefully now you are laughing at it. :o)
We don't have any toy boxes either but my in-laws gave us a white shelf thing that we put in her room to keep all of her toys in. If we come across another one, I will let you know.
Post a Comment