CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Can't Wait!!!

Whew, house work is really transforming our new place from a complete wreck to... well it's still a complete wreck, but at least it's starting to take shape into a beautiful butterfly.. ha. Josh has done amazing work, and I honestly can't believe the amount of things that he's capable of. I'm soooo proud that my husband is so handy, and that he is so willing to get off of a full day of work to spend another two or three hours everyday at our house working hard.. ALONE... getting it perfect for us! I feel really bad that he's having to do the work by himself, but I know that he views it as a learning experience. Afterall, remodeling is what his secret passion is, and this is an outlet for him to learn about all the codes, and the proper way to do things...

I think that guys are sooo cute when they are stumped, or when they are trying to do things the right way... he'll spend an hour at the house with his head in the home improvement books we have looking up the proper way to run the beams in the attic, or to redo the load bearing wall we wanted to take out, or what current code is on moving electrical in the attic... then if he can't find it there he'll move onto something he does know how to do, and come home at night and spend an hour online looking for the correct way. So adorable... and so heart warming that he wants sooo badly to be perfect at it and to get it all just right.. Plus, it will be a great selling point when he does go into business for himself that he'll have the before and after of our house to show people... I am truly blessed with the husband that God has provided for me.

It's easy for me to encourage him with... "it's okay baby, just one more wall to build then you can move on to the easy part..." (little do I know that hanging sheetrock isn't exactly easy...) and that working on electrical by yourself is not only annoying, but time consuming because he has to get in and out of the attic everytime he drops something, or forgets something, or needs to buy something else... I'm not quite as independent, I'd hate working there in the evenings by myself... that's why when the time comes for me to be able to do the finish work... cleaning and painting, I'm just going to throw a party... a girls night if you will.... complete with music, good times, food and... well paint ;o) If i can't get together with those I like to spend time with now to scrapbook, or to just have over all the time since I'm living in a house that's crowded and not mine... I'll throw a party when I can in the new one... and if you don't want to paint, don't just come hang out!!

That's actually the first time I thought about it, but man it does sound like lots of fun!!! So it's set... Party at my house... eventually... (no worries, it will be low/no VOC paint, like valspar seeing as how I'm preggers...) and everyone's welcome, I'll probably post it on facebook and say msg for directions or address, or maybe on here... who knows..

haha..maybe that doesn't really sound like that much fun... "come to my house, and I'll put you to work..."

Man i can't wait to have our own place again, and one with so much room, but that really feels like ours.. it was soooo weird, we built a house and lived in it for two years, but it NEVER felt like home. I felt like I was biding time renting until we could get a place of our own.... everything we put in the house was because of resale, I didn't get to pick neat paint but in one room (and that turned out to be really obnoxious to look at everyday) only hung a few pictures on the walls, and never even got around to making drapes because I knew the new owners wouldn't want them if they changed the colors and I'd be stuck wasting all that fabric... I never felt really comfortable having people over, and it never really felt like fun to BBQ or throw parties, even though we've wanted to... but YAY!!! can't wait.. and eventually Josh wants to have an outdoor kitchen under the second patio with a gazebo... and we'll have a pool, so I can't wait for the summer so all the kiddies and parents can come over for pool parties!!!

I've been looking at paint chips, and trying to envision all my furniture in the different rooms of the house, then I realized... it's been so long since I've seen my furniture that I'm starting to forget what some of it looks like... does my couch have mostly reds or browns, is it going to fit where I want it to in the living room... what size was the club chair and ottoman we had... was it tan or cream on my dining room chairs.. man I really do miss just having our "stuff"

The most exciting two rooms for me are BY FAR the kids toy room and my personal craft room... I can't wait to be able to put cubbies and hang art work and build in storage and things for the toy room, but the craft room.. THERE'S a beauty! a 11x12' space JUST FOR ME!!! This is the only space that I can truly see.. my scrapbooking desk, a corner cubby for the sewing machine a seperate table for a guest to work on (or two) storage under the table for them... the bookcase I love, my two retro chairs redone in a fabulous brown stripe, light teal walls with curtains in brown and an accent color, an arched shower curtain rod complete with drapes for the closet door, and the closet... well I can't picture the closet yet, I think I have to get all my crap into the space to see what needs to be stored and how... but I've got the rest of it down to the bulletin board over the desk and the shelves hanging on the wall... ;o)

I know this is scatterbrained, but pregnancy cravings this time around have been unreal... I'll be talking to someone about something completely arbitrary and all the sudden remember something we did, or somewhere we went or... usually... something we ate and I will CRAVE it.. but it's usually way out of the way or expensive or just down right ridiculous. I'm logical enough to keep them at bay, but the craving usually sticks around until it's satisfied... sushi from Ichibans is a constant one, but I'm glad that I have Cherish for that!!! ;o) and speaking of, she's the root of my newest craving... chocolate raspberry layer cake from P.F.Changs.. we went there for her Bday, and it was called the "great wall of chocolate" or something like that... I'm thinking after our sonogram on Thursday maybe Josh will be excited enough to stop and pick me up a piece on the way home... here's hoping! :0)

Ok I have a little work to get done, an need to plan some Christmas shopping too!! Hope everyone has a blessed day!

0 comments: