So I haven't just been coasting through not doing anything lately... I'm working on a quilt, which is rather time consuming sinceI'm still learning all the ins and outs of the art, but I've met a great group of ladies quilting together on Tuesdays that has allowed me to join in. Because of this I haven't been crafting alot at home. Plus we've had more than a couple of distactions come our way.... like this new friend we found in the kitchen trying to become an honorary member or the family (or snack on an existing member)...
while it looks rather large in this picture, keep in mind that this is a flipflop, so porptionally it was a tiny snake, but tiny or not it was not welcome in my house. So because I was home alone with 4 kiddos on this particular morning, I sent all the kids into the play room and tackled the snake removal by myself, and I must say i was excited and proud that I was able to remain unbitten and still get the snake into a plastic container and outside (no I did not touch it or release it, I needed to be further tormented by knowing what type of snake was attempting residency in my home)
Fnally when the hubby came home he came to the rescue and moved the snake from my makeshift holding cell into a more permanent and inescapeable coffee container with screw on lid...
But not without partaking in this mother terrifying ritual of letting your not even 3 year old touch it...
With all the quilting and reptile discovery going in my house the last couple weeks, I had time for a bow making adventure and figured these beauties out... because of the approaching football season I have a feeling you'll be seeing much more purple and gold to come..

0 comments:
Post a Comment