CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Holy Toledo Batman!

Ok so man, oh man has it been a while since I've posted... This is the story with me, when I get really busy I slack on internet time. And BOY have I been busy lately!



So here's a condensed photo journal of my last two months... just so there's no confusion as to whether I've been just sitting around wasting away:








baby gifts, lots of babies being born lately... so LOTS of baby gifts being made...


DD's halloween costume.. she was a peacock ;o) The dress started out as a women's 3x blouse from Target that I found on super sale... the feathers were hobby lobby finds that were glued and hand sewn together to her "tail" then safety pinned to her onesie through the dress.


my attempt at hairbows. Definitely not my forte, but I kept one for DD when she finally decides to grow enough hair to wear them ;o)




These pants are from a pattern I was given called Ruffles and Britches I believe.. The pattern is a bit hard to follow in the way things are worded, so I just use the actually sizing from the pattern and winged the rest of it.

This robe is made from Simplicity pattern 2826 Toddler Robe.

Robe and PJ sets... so much fun to wear and make! We'll definitely need these in the store.


My very first blanket stitch applique. It wasn't nearly as heart wrenchingly hard as I expected it to be... I rather enjoyed it!





DD's Thanksgiving outfit. There are contrast pockets on the backside too. There was no pattern here, just general sizing from a jumper she has.... the side bands were added because I didn't allow enough room with the original design and the shoulder straps are because the original neckline wasn't large enough for her bald head to fit through... but it all worked out.. always a learning experience ;o)



Ok so to tattle on myself. About the neckline problem.. I THOUGHT that I could fix this by adding buttons... yes, to the side of the outfit... I know, I can't believe I thought that would actually help either, but I did and thus the button up side panel ;o)




My diaper bag... One thing I most assuredly made for myself! I LOVE the exterior fabric, which was GIVEN TO ME... about 4 yards of it actually! I can't wait to find uses for the rest of it. This bag was actually created by the use of the tutorial I found here... http://amingledyarn.wordpress.com/gallery/tutorial-hip-mama-diaper-bag/


I have however since then edited and changed lots of the basic parts of this bag and come up with a version all my own that I've made 2 more of as well.



THE batman hooded towel... ha! This was actual a gift for a friend of DS's but I'm not commissioned to recreate it for him since he wants to be batman just like Ashton now ;o)


jumper made for my soon to be neice... my first patternless reversible jumper. I spent a whole hour making the dress to near completion, only to spend the next 2 hours trying to turn it right side out to finish it... ;o)


DD and I with my beautiful sister-in-law and my soon to be neice.


This will be DD's Christmas outfit, well one of them. She's also going to be wearing a smocked hand-me-down that I wore to my first Christmas also... I LOVE nostalgia!


In other news, I'm also working with a friend that is going to open an actual brick and mortar children's boutique in my hometown in the next couple of months, complete with lots of handmade items. I've been spending lots of time lately giving input on fabrics, and patterns and the like. I am truly blessed by her presence in my life, she's such a laid back and faithful beautiful woman and I'm looking forward to working together in the coming months.




I'll try to be more diligent in my posting instead of lumping everything together in one big jumble like this... and I'm SURE I've missed somethings. I know that I'll be super swamped coming up with inventory for the store in the coming months, but I will try to post pictures of the new things I design/create.

2 comments:

Amber said...

LOVE everything you've done! Your diaper bag is awesome! Let me know about this store your items will in so I can come spend money! ;o)

Ashlie Gremillion Bourgeois said...

I want to have my own store too!!!!