CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Quilting and Cakes

Okie Dokie, I've finished my crib quilt for Sadie's room!! I'm SUPER stoked that it turned out at all, much less that i actually like it. Here's a couple pics, the ragged side is the front, and this picture was taken before it was laundered, so it's gotten prettier with age so to speak since the ragging happens with the washing and drying...


This is the backside... The yellow bumble bee fabric is going to be my crib sheet as well...


I've not decided how to do the bumper yet.. if I will rag it or just quilt it... so I haven't started on it yet...

I did however make my favorite diaper cake so far for Angela Neames baby shower last weekend..
Here's the cake with the wipes case I made to match it...



And I also made the corsage for her to wear, this was my first, so be gentle...



So, I found a website... http://www.oldredbarnco.blogspot.com/ The girl running this site is a quilter, and is in the middle of a "quilt along" where you have 6 weeks of instructions and you do one step each week to work on your quilt... Although I'm just finding this, I LOVE it, and am DEFINATELY going to have to make one!!! Here's a link to the quilt... Of course I'm going to use different fabrics, but isn't it going to be fabulous!!! I'm not sure I know how to do the actual feehand quilting, but I'm hoping there will be good instructions to come!!
In completely non craft related news, we FINALLY emptied the swimming pool in the backyard!! It's been overrun by frogs (no really, there were THOUSANDS of tiny little frogs clinging to the sides of the pool...) which were all SUPER loud at night, and the pool happens to be right outside our bedroom window... In case you weren't aware, frogs like to croak at night, I also think our frogs were of the overly social bunch and help parties, or karaoke nights or something... because there seemed like way more than the 5 Josh and Gavin caught and gave away when they drained it. (which in itself was interesting since the pump isn't working...) I can't wait to get it cleaned, inspected and refilled... I'm praying that there's nothing wrong with the fairly new sand filter that's out there so that we can just pay for a service call and a new pump... nothing more. if this is the case, we should be able to afford it before too long and could be swimming my midsummer!!! Pool party here we come!!!
I have so many ideas running through my head, and soooo many things I want to do that I have a hard time organizing the thoughts into coherent patterns and schedules in order to get them done... hopefully I'll come up with some sort of consistent schedule to sew and make a priority list to finish what I want...
















3 comments:

Ginger said...

I went to the quilt along website and got stuck reading blogs for quite a while. It looks interesting. Maybe I can convince my mom to work on one with me :)

Casey said...

I know it sounds easy enough huh? I'm going to try one for sure! I really do like the rag quilt though, I think they come out soft, and secure, and nifty feeling texture for kids too.. Let me know if you really are going to do a quilt, we can do our own quilt along... ;o)

Amber said...

So cute! You are so talented! And yay about the pool. I am ready for some pool parties!! woop woop!